Ball mill is important grinding equipment in the beneficiation plant, used for grinding ores to powders before they are magnetically or chemically processed. How Many Types of Ball Mill? There are many manufacturers producing ball mills on the market, how to choose the right one suits for your production? Here are a quick introduction and classification of ball mills for your reference.
1. Short-cylinder ball mill: The length (L) of the cylinder is less than twice the diameter (D) of the cylinder, that is, the ball mill with L 2D is a short-cylinder ball mill. Single-bin structure ball mill, which is mainly used for coarse grinding or primary grinding, has high efficiency.
2. Rod mills usually equipped with steel rod which diameter mostly between 50-100mm, need a longer grinding time. The number of bins in a rod mill is generally two to four, and there are some differences in the grinding media loaded in each bin. To ensure the final effect of grinding, the staff will place the cylindrical steel rod in the first bin, and the steel ball or steel segment in several other bins.
3. The grinding media in the gravel mill mainly include pebbles, gravel, sandstone, ceramic balls, etc. Gravel mills mostly use porcelain or granite as lining boards, and are widely used in the production fields of cement, ceramics and so on.
1. Overflow type: discharge ore through the hollow shaft. When the ore discharge surface is higher than the slurry surface, the finished product is discharged and the ore is automatically discharged by gravity, thus the overflow ball mill saves energy.
2. Grate discharge ball mill: the ore is discharged through the grate plate. The grating part can strictly control the minerals discharge size that meets the demand, it has a good effect on fine particle grinding.
2. The intermittent ball mill can not continuous operation, at the same specification, its output is lower. The feeding and discharging time is set according to the characteristics of the grinding material. The intermittent ball mill is suitable for the mixing and grinding of materials, lower power consumption. Many ball mill has been transformed into continuous, so users do not have to worry about the production output problem.
1. Central transmission ball mill: The driving power of this type of mill is in the center of the fuselage, and the motor realizes the operation of the ball mill through a reducer. During operation, the hollow shaft in the center of the ball mill drives the grinding body to rotate under the drive of the power system.
1. Wet ball mill: Water is added at the same time as the material is fed, and the material is discharged into a certain concentration of slurry and discharged. In a closed-circuit system, it is composed of a closed-circuit operation with a hydraulic classification device.
2. Dry ball mill: Some discharges are drawn by air current, and the mill and wind classification device form a closed circuit. For example, the cement mill adopts self-flow discharge. The capacity of the dry ball mill is larger, and the energy-saving effect of wet ball mill is better.
1. According to the working conditions and material characteristic Minerals that cannot be touched with water, minerals that are sticky after adding water, and the mining plant in areas where water resources are scarce, are suitable for grinding with a dry ball mill. Under other conditions, it is better to use a wet ball mill which has a better grinding effect, and energy-saving performance. 2. Energy consumption Choose an energy-saving ball mill or ordinary ball mill according to the capacity of electric power supply and energy consumption limitation. 3. Capacity If you require high capacity, choose a continuous ball mill. The vibrating feeder can automatically feed, so the continuous ball mill can keep running for 24 hours. JXSC provides you free selection service, engineers online!
There are many kinds of manufactured goods used by people in their everyday life. While some of them may plainly be solids or liquids, their composition varies diametrically. Solid objects like salt are relatively homogenous solids but certain others like alum, metallic products, amorphous materials, and even some electrical appliances are derived from a heterogeneous mixture of solids. Expectedly, the procedure of blending elements of opposing properties is a cumbersome task for industries, especially because any negligence poses a significant risk of loss of quality.
Keeping this in mind, ball mills were designed by engineers for blending and grinding materials useful in manufacturing of paints, pyrotechnics, ceramics, etc. Essentially, a ball mill is a hollow cylindrical chamber that is fixed to an axis. Upon operation, it rotates by its axis on a set speed and the balls occupying its chamber space collide with the materials placed inside.
The constant collision with the balls leads to the breaking down of minerals and their subsequent mixing with each other. On to their seemingly decent designs, innovative ball mill manufacturers in India have introduced a number of features that further facilitate the manufacturing processes. Some of the varieties of ball mills available in the market today can be listed as follows:
Ball mill manufacturers of India are increasingly experimenting with the form, structure, and design of ball mills to keep up with the pace of advancing industries. Thereby, promising a thriving manufacturing business, supplemented by sophisticated machines and active personnel.
Ball mill is a very important mineral grading equipment, which is indispensable for mineral processing, building materials, metallurgy and chemical industry. With the need of market, a variety of different types of ball mills have emerged. According to different standards, there are many types of ball mills.
1. Short Cylinder Ball Mill: The ball mill with the cylinder length (L) less than 2 times of the cylinder diameter, i.e. the ball mill with L 2D is short cylinder ball mill, which is usually of single bin structure, mainly used for rough grinding or primary grinding operation, and can realize the wide use of 2-3 ball mills in series.
3. Gravel Mill: The grinding medium mainly includes pebble, gravel, sand, porcelain ball, etc. Most of the gravel mills use porcelain or granite as lining plates, which are widely used in the production of color cement, white cement, ceramics and other fields.
1. Tail Discharge Mill: The head and tail of tail discharge mill are used as the inlet and outlet of materials. When the mill is working, the material is fed from the inlet end and discharged from the other end.
2. Middle Discharge Mill: The inlet of the middle discharge mill is at both ends, and the outlet is in the middle of the mill. Generally, materials are fed from both ends and then discharged from the middle of the cylinder.
1. Center Drive Ball Mill: The drive power device is in the center of the fuselage, and the motor realizes the operation of the ball mill through the reducer. In operation, the hollow shaft in the center of the ball mill drives the grinding body to rotate under the drive of the power system.
1. Wet Type Ball Mill: Water is added at the same time of feeding, and the material is discharged into a certain concentration of slurry. In the closed-circuit system, it forms a closed-circuit operation with the hydraulic grading equipment.
1. Vertical Ball Mill: The vertical ball mill is a new type of ball mill which places the cylinder upright. Through a large number of experiments, it is found that the vertical ball mill has the advantages of high grinding efficiency, low energy consumption and low noise.
2. Horizontal Ball Mill: The horizontal ball mill is used for grinding and dispersing under the closed condition to prevent solvent volatilization. It is especially suitable for fine grinding and mixing of high-purity materials.